Monday, January 7, 2008

About me: Michele Paiva

I have been involved in peace as a way of life (internal and external) for most of my adult life. I am a former news reporter and anchor, and former news writer and editor; I have owned a yoga studio for 15+ years, recently moving to my home with yoga therapy clients, to allow me to write more. My books upcoming deal with energy (physics) and ethnobotany - and how they relate to our bodies and our surroundings.
I have a background in education, law, and wellness. For "fun" given my experiences in media and telesales, I have a boutique (ie, just myself with family & freelancers) marketing and pr agency. I have since also cut down on this as well for writing.

Part of my intuitive purpose is to promote peace and fairness through advocacy; this has been the one common thread in all of the seemingly different careers I have been honored to have worked within - thus, taking on this position with Tikkun, seemed a natural.
I saw a few names on the list that I recognized and feel that we are all among some wonderful people "here".

Namaste -
Michele Paiva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for organizing this Michele.

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

I am actually Michael, but I want to help heal the world as well!

I prefer to do that by spreading cheer.

And being a face for Michael.